- Monolith System vs Micro Service Architecture
- What is a problem?
- How to solve the problem?
- Apache Kafka Data
- Why Apache Kafka?
Apache Kafka is a popular tool for developers because it is easy to pick up and provides a powerful event streaming platform complete with 4 APIs: Producer, Consumer, Streams, and Connect.
Monolith System vs Micro Service Architecture
- Easy to data exchange.
However, Monolith System to Micro Service Architecture?
- Micro Service Architecture: it will be more and more complicated.
What is a problem?
if you have 5 Source Systems and 6 Target Systems, you need 24 integrations. many integrations increase time and cost.
- Protocol – How the data is transported (TCP, HTTP, REST, FTP, JDBC…)
- Data format – How the data is parsed (Binary, CSV, JSON, Avro ..)
- Data Schema & Evolution – How the data is shaped and may change
Also,from each Source systems’s connections, occurs increased load.
How to solve the problem?
Apach kafka: data steams decoupling. Apach kafka is optimized for Decoupling.
Data of Source system send Apach kafka, and Target system got data from Apache Kafka
Apache Kafka Data
- website events
- pricing data
- financial transactions
- user interactions
Moreover, any data in Apach Kafka. any Target Systems can use freely.
- analytics systems
- email system
Why Apache Kafka?
- Created in LinkedIn, now open source project, mostly management at Confluent
- Distributed, resilient architecture, fault tolerant
- Vertically Scale up
- Can scale to 100s of brokers
- Can scale to millions of message/second
- High performance (latency of less than 10ms) – real time
- 2000+ firms, 35% of the Fortune 500
- LinkedIn, Airbnb, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, and more